Both groups have arrived back in the United States after a very long over-night flight over the North Pacific, Alaska, and Canada. The ATL group has all cleared Customs and all baggage made it at least to Atlanta.
Our flight crossed the Canadian/US border northwest of Minot, ND, and passed over Belleville, IL, and Nashville, TN en route to Atlanta. At Minot, I announced that our flight was now under the jurisdiction of the safest air traffic control system in the world.
At 6:58 AM Central Time, we saw our second sunrise of the same day while we were crossing the Iowa Missouri border south of Ottumwa, IA.
Kudos to Korean Airlines for the nice flights to and from Thailand through Seoul. Foreign air carriers still know how to provide a pleasant flight experience, even in Economy. The team is about to experience "Service Shock" when we board this Delta Connection regional jet to Oklahoma City.
While we were moving through Customs and TSA's security here in Atlanta, we were surrounded by hundreds of US Army soldiers returning to the US from overseas. While we are very READY to be home, the sight of those guys heading home after many months away sort of put our little 2-week absence in perspective.
I'll shut down the MacBook and go get something to eat as we wait on our flight. The trouble is...I don't know whether I should be eating breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Thank you for your prayers.

No comments:
Post a Comment